Kids camp & The Book of Ruth
Would you take a moment and pray for our kids while they're at camp?
- Pray God would reveal Himself in big ways and kids would love Jesus more.
- Pray nerves would be quickly calmed as our kids trust Jesus and connect with others.
- Pray for counselors, that God would provide strength for them to constantly point our kids to Jesus in everything they do.
- Pray God would bring us closer together and relationships would grow. Pray for our kids to come back with a desire to include others in what we experienced at camp.
Would you pray over our kids by name? Below is a list:
- Cooper Wilbanks
- James Madigan
- Ellie Williams
- Frankie Francis
- Jessa Stein
- Kara Stein
- Olivia Wootton
- Piper Francis
- Reese Williams
- Samantha Avant
- Stella Madigan
- Vivian Wootton
Sunday with your kids
Lesson summary: God's blessing and salvation extend to people of every nation.
In our bible story we learned:
1. Ruth's conversion
2. Ruth's appeal
3. Ruth's redemption
Where is Jesus?
How does today's Bible story fit into God's greater plan of redemption?
Read Matthew 1:5-6.
Ruth lost her husband and father-in-law and served her mother-in-law. She was a very
special person in God’s plan to bring his Son into the world. We learn in the genealogy
of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew that Ruth was one of the great-grandmothers in Jesus’
In fact, Jesse, Ruth’s grandson, was the great King David’s father. Boaz and Ruth had
another tie to Jesus. They lived in Bethlehem—the very town where Jesus was born!
The life of Boaz points to Jesus. Not only did he redeem the bloodline of Elimelech but
he also redeemed the land sold by Naomi.
Jesus is our redeemer. “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as
silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you
from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or
defect” (1 Peter 1:18–19).
Family Discipleship - "Time" in the Home
We are on week 50 which starts on page 332 in the Long Story Short devotional. Here are some questions you'll encounter as you go through this week's devotionals:
- What did Ruth do to show she trusted in the Lord? (day 1)
- How did God use Boaz to care for Ruth? Why do you think Boaz cared for Ruth? (day 2)
- Who is our redeemer? How did Jesus redeem us? (day 3)
- What did it cost Jesus to redeem us? (day 4)
- Read John 6:69, who does Peter say is the Holy one of Israel? (day 5)
Pray about it! Praise God for sending his Son Jesus, and ask God to help you to love the Lord with all your heart.
Scripture memory in June
Check out the highlighted portion below to see what verses we will recite in our Gathering Sunday, July 1st.