God hears Hannah's prayers (1 Samuel 1-2)
Sunday with your kids
Lesson summary: Through Hannah's prayers and the promise she kept, a prophet came to Israel.
In our bible story we learned:
1. Hannah is faithful to the Lord in her suffering
2. God answers Hannah's prayers
3. Hannah fulfills her vow and celebrates God's faithfulness
Where is Jesus?
How does today's Bible story fit into God's greater plan of redemption?
Read Acts 3:24.
Samuel is specifically mentioned in the book of Acts as a prophet whose life and
message pointed to Jesus.
In our story, Hannah cried out to the Lord to give her a son and committed him to the Lord for God’s service. Little did she realize her little boy would be used to anoint the first two kings of Israel. Samuel anointed Saul and thus established anointing as God’s means of indicating his choice. Later Samuel anointed David out of whose household the Savior would be born.
Family Discipleship - "Time" in the Home
We are on week 51 which starts on page 339 in the Long Story Short devotional. Here are some questions you'll encounter as you go through this week's devotionals:
- How did Hannah feel about not having children? (day 1)
- Can you think of a time when you didn't get something you wanted? How well did you do in that trial? (day 1)
- Why did Eli think Hannah was drunk? How did Eli's prayer affect Hannah? (day 2)
- Name something that you could pray fro and trust God to answer. (day 2)
- Who did Hannah honor in her wonderful prayer? (day 3)
- Why was Hannah willing to give her son to Eli? (day 3)
- How was Samuel different from Eli's sons? (day 4)
- Hannah said that the one who would judge the ends of the earth would also be a king. How does that point to Jesus? (day 5)
Pray about it! Ask God to help you respond like Hannah when you don't get what you want.
Scripture memory in June - THIS SUNDAY!
Check out the highlighted portion below to see what verses we will recite in our Gathering THIS coming Sunday, July 1st.