Day 8: Death is Defeated (Sunday)
READ: Luke 24:1-12
SUMMARY: Jesus rises from the grave, proving that he is the true Savior.
- In this passage, the disciples didn't believe that Jesus had risen from the dead when they first heard the news. Is it surprising to you that they found it heard to believe?
- Even though the resurrection was astonishing, why should the disciples not have been completely surprised by it?
PRAY: Praise God for crushing death through the resurrection of his Son, Jesus.
SING: "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and "Christ is Risen"
Day 9: All Scripture Points to Him (Monday)
READ: Luke 24:13-27
SUMMARY: Something happens to two disciples on a walk to Emmaus.
- When Jesus died, did God need to come up with a back up plan to finish the rescue mission?
- What do you think Jesus meant in Luke 24:46 when he said he was entering into his glory?
PRAY: Thank God for revealing himself and his rescue plan in his Word.
FAMILY ACTIVITY: Imagine the rescue mission (see page 46 for more)
SING: "Because He Lives" and "Win My Soul"
Day 10: Ghosts Don't Eat (Tuesday)
READ: Luke 224:36-49
SUMMARY: A risen Jesus appears to the disciples.
- Faith means putting our hope and trust in something that we can't see with our physical eyes (Heb. 11:1). Does this mean we should ignore facts and evidence completely?
- After the disciples saw Jesus alive after his crucifixion, Jesus called them to be witnesses of what happened and to tell others the good news of forgiveness for sins. Did Jesus leave them to do this in their own power?
PRAY: Ask God to fill you with faith so you too can be a witness to others who don't know Jesus - to those who haven't heard that their sins can be forgiven and they can live forever with God.
SING: "Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus" and "Death was arrested"
Day 11: Marching Orders (Wednesday)
READ: Matthew 28:16-20
SUMMARY: Fueled by Jesus' power and presence, we are called by him to make disciples of all nations.
- How can Jesus claim to have ALL authority in heaven and on earth? Is he exaggerating?
- As they go out to make disciples, what are they to do?
- What promise did Jesus make to his disciples (and to us) along with his directions?
PRAY: Ask God to give you confidence in his presence and dependence on his power as you seek to make disciples of all nations.
FAMILY ACTIVITY: Carry out the mission (see book on page 52)
SING: "Only King Forever" and Passion's "Glorious Day"
Day 12: Jesus Returns Home (Thursday)
READ: Acts 1:1-11
SUMMARY: The King rises to his heavenly throne.
- Why was the coming of the Holy Spirit so important to our mission?
- How does it make you feel to know that Jesus is ruling in heaven as the King of kings?
PRAY: Praise Jesus as the King of all creation.
SING: "Crown Him with Many Crowns" and "God with us"
Day 13: A New Life (Friday)
READ: Romans 6:1-14
SUMMARY: Those who belong to Jesus live with resurrection power!
- How does it feel to know that those who believe in Jesus are no longer slaves to sin?
- The end of Romans 6:14 says that we are not under law but under grace. What do you think this means?
PRAY: Thank God for making a way for us to be free from the power of sin.
FAMILY ACTIVITY: Sprout to new life (see page 59 for more)
SING: "All My Hope" and "How Can it Be"
Day 14: Living With Hope (Saturday)
READ: Philippians 3:17-21
SUMMARY: Those who trust in Jesus live in eager anticipation of his return.
- Where can we see glimpses of God's kingdom here on earth?
- How does looking forward to Jesus' return affect the way we live today?
PRAY: Ask God to give you an eternal outlook that affects the way you live everyday.
SING: "On Jordan's Story Banks" and "Glorious Day"
April's bookmark is here!
Get ahead of the game and begin practicing with your family this month's memory verse! "Do not be anxious about anything," for real, anything? I'm going to have to pause right there and allow that one to go from my head to my heart. Praying you do the same with yourself and your family.