Abram and God's Promise - Genesis 12-13
God works for His purposes through the people that He calls.
Starting our journey with Abram, our kids learned yesterday:
- God called Abraham from a pagan country and wouldn't of known anything about God unless God revealed Himself to him
- God made a promise to Abram
- Abram believed and followed God's call
Where is Jesus?
Read Galatians 3:26-4:7
God made a promise to Abram that through him all the nations would be blessed. Abram himself was not the one to bless all nations. The one who fulfilled that promise is a descendant of Abram, Jesus Christ. Now that Jesus has fulfilled that promise, it doesn't matter if you are born as a Jew, Greek, an American, or any other nationality. All those who trust in Jesus are considered the offspring of Abraham, people who will inherit God's blessing.
In the home
We are on week 8 in the Long Story Short family devotional (starting on page 52). I would focus on days 2, 3, and 4 on these questions exposing the story of God's promise, Abraham's sin, yet God's continued faithfulness.
- What did God promise?
- What did God ask Abram to do?
- Who did God say would be blessed by Abram?
Day 3 (Read Galatians 3:26-29)
- How can people today become children of Abraham and share in his blessing?
- What does this Bible passage say God did with people from different nations like the Greeks and the Jews?
- What did Abram do that was wrong?
- What did God do to protect Abram from the Egyptians?
- What does this story teach us about God? (God always keeps His promises. When God said Abram was going to have children, then God protected Abram so that he could have children.)
Monthly Memory Verse
This month's memory verse is Psalm 139:1-3 (NIV). New printed bookmarks were available yesterday morning at the check-in table, if you missed it, no worries they will still be there next Sunday!
It is July already people! Summer is nearly halfway over and school will be here before we know it. Praying for you to capture and seize these days with your kids to expose them to the gospel and the goodness of Jesus. Just as God was faithful to Abraham, so He is faithful to us through His Son, even when we don't feel like it. Be free and let the Spirit lead on!