The Ark of God (2 Samuel 6)
Sunday with your kids
Lesson summary: God is holy.
In our bible story we learned:
1. God's holiness is to be treated seriously
2. The ark is treated as holy
3. David rejoices before the Lord and the people
Where is Jesus?
How does today's Bible story fit into God's greater plan of redemption?
Read Exodus 25:16-22.
David celebrated the return of the ark because it represented the presence of the Lord. In fact, the cover of the ark is called the atonement cover (Exodus 25:17). This pointed forward to Jesus who died to atone or pay for our sins. Now that Jesus has come, he has made the final atonement for the sins of men. Now there is a new dwelling place for God—in the hearts of men. In a sense, every Christian is a living ark. The presence of God is in us!
Family Discipleship - "Time" in the Home
We are on week 58 which starts on page 387 in the Long Story Short devotional. Take advantage of this week to talk about God's holiness. Yes, God is loving and compassionate but He is also holy, perfect, and just. To miss the fullness of who God is would be to miss Him all together, making us idolaters rather than worshipers of who God has revealed Himself to be in Scripture.
Pray about it! Thank Jesus for taking on the full wrath of God on our behalf so that we might be called holy and blameless in God's sight.
Scripture memory in August
Check out the highlighted portion on the bookmark below to see what we will recite in our Gathering September 2nd.
Take a look below at the Promotion Sunday guidelines:
- Kids from 6 months to 2 years of age will remain in the NURSERY. (Nursery is located on left hallway behind the check in table).
- For PRESCHOOL we promote throughout the year depending upon when your child turns 3 or 4-5 (before starting kindergarten). As soon as a child turns 3 they are invited into Preschool 3’s from the nursery. When they turn 4 they are invited into Preschool 4’s-5’s. (Preschool is located on the right hallway behind the check in table).
- Those entering into Kindergarten in the Fall of 2018 will be in LOWER ELEMENTARY in the cafeteria (K-2nd grade).
- Those entering into 3rd grade in the Fall of 2018 will be UPPER ELEMENTARY in the cafeteria (3rd-5th grade).
- Those entering into 6th grade in the Fall of 2018 will be in GROVE STUDENTS (6th-12th grade). We meet down the hall passed the check in table by the library. Students do not meet every Sunday but on most 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. A calendar will be provided.
- Those who graduated high school in the summer of 2018 also graduate from Grove Students on August 12 and are encouraged to serve and be with the rest of the adults.